Jackfruit, Corn & Risoni Soup
Recipe type: Mains
- 280grams of canned jackfruit, drained
- 1 litre of faux chicken stock + 1 ½ litres extra (can substitute for vegetable)
- 50 grams non-dairy butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 420gram can of sweet corn kernels, drained
- I cup of dried risoni pasta
- ½ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coconut cream or coconut milk
- Cut husks off jackfruit & remove seed pods from fruit & discard. Spread fruit gently apart & place in 1 litre of stock in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer & cook until liquid has been all but absorbed.
- Add butter & onion & cook until onion is soft over a medium heat then add garlic.
- Add corn & extra stock to saucepan & bring to the boil. Add pasta & reduce to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes
- Add parsley & coconut cream & reduce to simmer. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until pasta is tender
- Serve immediately