Pan-seared bean curd in tomato and basil sauce
Recipe type: Mains
- 4 fillets of bean curd ‘fish’ (vegan fish)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 slices of jalapeno from a jar, chopped
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan and toss through chilli flakes and garlic.
- Add tomato and jalapenos, stirring until soft.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in basil, lemon juice, zest, and salt and pepper, and turn heat to low.
- Heat another fry pan, add a splash of oil and sear the fillets until brown. Reduce heat and warm fillets through.
- Pour sauce over cooked fillets and serve immediately.
It's got some kick to it!