Recipe type: Mains
- ½ cup of oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 2 green chillies, deseeded & roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 small-medium head of cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- Heat ½ cup oil in a high sided frypan and fry onion, ginger and green chillies until soft. Add tomato, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric and ½ cup water. Simmer until tomatoes are soft.
- Allow this to cool enough to put through a blender – blend to combine.
- Using the same frypan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add cumin seeds and cinnamon stick, tossing until the seeds splatter.
- Add liquid from blender, 1 cup of water, peas, and cauliflower, and cook until the cauliflower is tender. (This will vary depending on size of florets – 45 mins to 1 hour)
- Add coconut cream and warm through. Serve with rice.